Unattended cooking causes kitchen fire in Angus

A mom and her 11-year-old son were treated for minor smoke inhalation after their oven caught fire at their home on Decarolis Crescent in Angus early Friday afternoon.

Essa Fire Chief Cynthia Ross Tustin said the fire happened just after 1:30 p.m. Aug. 10.

The home’s smoke alarms activated after the appliance caught fire and started to burn the wall behind the oven and some of the cabinets.

“The mom extinguished the fire with a garden hose before we got there,” she said.

The fire also caused minor smoke damage throughout the home.

The chief reminds residents to make sure they have working smoke alarms and to never leave cooking unattended.

发表评论

邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注